Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Review
The Hovertrax 2.0 is a new step in the development of hoverboards from Razor. Considering that any novelty from the Americans powerfully moved forward the entire industry of electric transport, it is already becoming interesting. Let’s take a closer look at what is probably the world’s best self balancing scooter.
So far, the only thing that impresses – but how cool impresses! – is the range. Two hours on a single charge is great attainment for a hoverboard. But Razor definitely did not stop there, the devil is in the details. Let us take a closer look at the model.
Design & Appearance
And the first look, of course, on the “cover” – the design. Hovertrax 2.0 has an impressive and very modern look. Straight lines, rounded corners, pronounced relief of bumpers – it is the same futuristic minimalism, which now dominates in design. It seems to be quite neutral, but at the same time, it looks really interesting.
Very cool are the LED indicators on the front of the case! Razor managed to put on their Hovertrax full-fledged turn indicators, which instantly react to a shift of the center of gravity and illuminate the appropriate direction. This is the hilarious detail that turns a great design into an excellent one!
Ergonomics are impeccable: the control button and the battery charge indicator are finally located on the top panel, not somewhere on the side or bottom! Both the balance indicator and the battery level are clearly visible.
The polymer frame of Hovertrax can easily cope with minor impacts, not afraid of accidental collisions with obstacles – they are cushioned by bumpers. Platform pads gently cushion your feet and provide 100% reliable contact with your shoes – the material is absolutely non-slip. The surface is completely monolithic, there are no buttons under it, so you stand very confident.
That’s all about design and appearance, let’s go “under the hood”.
Pros & Cons
- Durable and long-lasting design – The Razor Hovertrax 2.0 is made from high-grade materials, ensuring a durable and reliable ride even after many years of use. It also comes with an advanced gyroscope sensor technology that helps maintain balance while riding the hoverboard.
- Fun and fast – The Razor Hovertrax 2.0 is capable of reaching speeds of up to 8 miles per hour, making it a great choice for those looking to have a fun and fast ride. The board also has an anti-slip rubber footboard that provides extra grip while riding.
- Simple setup – Setting up the Razor Hovertrax 2.0 is quick and easy. All you have to do is charge it up and then use the included remote control to start your ride.
- Safety features – The Razor Hovertrax 2.0 has several safety features that help keep riders safe while on their hoverboard, such as an auto-shutoff feature when the board reaches a certain speed and an LED battery life indicator.
- Expensive – The Razor Hovertrax 2.0 is one of the more expensive hoverboards on the market, making it difficult for some people to afford.
- Unsuitable for rough terrain – This board is not suitable for tackling rougher terrain as it may not be able to handle the extra strain.
- Weight capacity – The Hovertrax 2.0 has a weight limit of 176 lbs, which may be too low for some riders.
- Not waterproof – This board is not waterproof, so it should not be used in wet conditions.
EverBalance Self-Balancing System
If we are going to evaluate the benefits of the Hovertrax 2.0, then the unique self-balancing system from Razor will come first. The fact that we are facing a hover scooter with a gyroscope (and not with buttons, as in the economy class) was clear from the beginning, but even in the premium class, it stands out among analogs.
What is an EverBalance System?
- EverBalance system is an intelligent self-balancing. The gyro sensors read the position of the platform 100 times per second and the microprocessor keeps it securely level. Hovertrax will never scratch the floor with its body and will never fall!
- No calibration. The Hovertrax 2.0 calibrates itself and all the time, without user input.
- There is no minimum weight. All mini-Segways have a minimum allowable threshold of rider weight: if a child gets up on the platform, this weight is not reached, the gadget will start to vibrate very strongly and will not let you ride. The Hovertrax 2.0 has no such limit! The age “8 years and older” is specified based on the child’s ability to control the hoverboard, not on the technical limitations.
All in all, EverBalance is the most advanced self-balancing system in the world. If you’re still wondering which gyro scooter to choose, here’s a cool trump card from Razor: there are no analogs.
Hovertrax Learning Mode
Razor is a manufacturer that has always strived to make electric transportation truly popular and widely available. A new step in the development of this concept is the support of two speed modes, implemented in the Hovertrax 2.0. The main one assumes a speed of up to 13 km/h and is designed for experienced riders, while the “learning mode” sets a sharp limit on acceleration and helps you get the hang of it.
To turn on the “learning mode”, after turning on the hoverboard, you need to quickly press the same power button twice until the indication of a single green light. To select “normal mode” you also need to press the power button twice until two green lights. The mode is selected only when the hoverboard is turned on.
In general, it is very easy to get on the Hovertrax: the hoverboard reacts sensitively to every action of the rider, it accelerates and brakes very smoothly. If you are just learning, it is definitely better to buy Hovertrax than any other mini-segway.
Hovertrax 2.0 Certification
The Razor Hovertrax 2.0 is the first certified, has the highest quality, and is the safest hoverboard in the world. The Americans have even achieved the fact that the Hovertrax can be freely carried on airplanes: it is the only mini segway that has such a permit! This is made possible by LG’s quick-release battery.
|Top speed||8 mph|
|Motor||135-watt (cruising), 350-watt (peak)|
|Battery||36V lithium-ion pack|
|Run time||Up to 60 minutes|
|UL Listing||UL 2272 approved|
To Sum Up – Our Impressions
Our impression – the Hovertrax 2.0 is awesome! It goes very smoothly and gently while accelerating really fast. The Razor’s hoverboard responds to each, even the weakest, deviation of the body – you feel one with this two-wheeled platform!
True, keep in mind that the wheels on Hovertrax 2.0 are 6.5 inches. That’s quality rubber on aluminum rims, but the model is still demanding on the pavement. The Hovertrax feels best indoors and on good asphalt, when riding around town, be careful and choose the road carefully.
And most importantly, remember: Razor Hovertrax 2.0 has no analogs and will not ever have! This is an original American development, the heart of which was branded microcomputer Razor. No other company in the world has the power and technology to copy Hovertrax: everything is patented by Razor.
Can I ride Hovertrax 2.0 in wet conditions?
No, the Razor Hovertrax 2.0 is not waterproof, so it should not be used in wet conditions.
Does the Hovertrax 2.0 come with safety features?
Yes, the Razor Hovertrax 2.0 has several safety features that help keep riders safe while on their hoverboard, such as an auto-shutoff feature when the board reaches a certain speed and an LED battery life indicator.
How fast can Hovertrax 2.0 go?
The Razor Hovertrax 2.0 is capable of reaching speeds of up to 8 miles per hour, making it a great choice for those looking to have a fun and fast ride.
Does Hovertrax 2.0 come with a remote control?
Yes, the board comes with an easy-to-use remote control that allows you to start and stop your ride.
1 thought on “Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Review”
I bought the Razor Hovertrax 2.0 a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely love it! It’s so much fun to ride and it is definitely well worth the money. Highly recommend!