I recently had the opportunity to test ride the Super Soco TC Electric Motorbike, and I must say, it left a lasting impression. As someone who is passionate about sustainable transportation solutions, I was excited to experience this sleek and innovative electric motorcycle designed for urban commuting. Here’s my detailed review.
Design and Build Quality
The Super Soco TC boasts a modern and stylish design that seamlessly combines classic motorcycle aesthetics with futuristic elements. The overall build quality is impressive, with solid construction and attention to detail. The bike’s compact frame and lightweight build make it agile and easy to maneuver through crowded city streets, while the low seat height ensures comfortable riding for riders of varying heights.
Super Soco TC Specifications
|72V lithium-ion battery
|Up to 75 km (46 miles)
|Approximately 60 km/h (37 mph)
|6-7 hours (standard charger)
|Fast charger option available
|Front and rear disc brakes
|LED lighting system
|Low seat height for comfortable riding
|Digital display for essential info
|Lightweight and agile
|Compact frame for urban commuting
|Under-seat storage compartment
|Responsive braking system
|LED lighting for enhanced visibility
Please note that these specifications are subject to change, and it’s always a good idea to refer to the official Super Soco website or consult the manufacturer for the most up-to-date and accurate information.
Pros & Cons
The Super Soco TC is indeed one of the popular electric mopeds known for its sleek design and practical features. Here are some of the pros and cons of the Super Soco TC:
- Stylish Design: The Super Soco TC boasts a retro-inspired design that appeals to riders who appreciate a classic aesthetic. With its vintage styling cues, it stands out among other electric mopeds on the market.
- Electric Powertrain: Being an electric moped, the Super Soco TC is environmentally friendly and produces zero emissions. It is powered by a reliable electric motor, offering a smooth and quiet ride without the need for gasoline.
- Agility and Maneuverability: The Super Soco TC is lightweight, making it easy to handle and maneuver through traffic. Its compact size allows riders to navigate through tight spaces, making it ideal for urban commuting.
- Convenient Charging: The moped comes with a removable lithium-ion battery pack, which can be charged using a standard household outlet. This feature allows riders to charge the battery at home, work, or any other accessible power source.
- Low Operating Costs: With an electric powertrain, the Super Soco TC offers significant cost savings compared to traditional mopeds. The cost per mile is substantially lower, as electricity is generally cheaper than gasoline, and maintenance requirements are minimal.
- Limited Range: One of the main drawbacks of the Super Soco TC is its relatively limited range. While the exact range may vary depending on factors such as rider weight, terrain, and speed, the TC typically has a range of around 40-60 miles per charge. This range may not be sufficient for riders with longer commutes or those who require extended travel distances.
- Lower Top Speed: The Super Soco TC has a top speed of around 45-50 mph, which may be a limitation for riders looking for higher speeds or highway riding. It is designed primarily for city commuting and shorter trips rather than long-distance journeys.
- Charging Time: Although the Super Soco TC’s battery is removable for charging convenience, the charging time can still be a drawback. It takes several hours to fully charge the battery, which may require planning ahead for riders who need to cover longer distances in a single day.
- Limited Storage Space: The Super Soco TC has limited storage options compared to some traditional mopeds. It usually features a small storage compartment beneath the seat, which may not accommodate larger items or groceries. Additional storage solutions may be required for riders who need to carry more belongings.
- Availability and Service Network: Depending on your location, the availability of Super Soco dealerships and service centers may be limited. It’s essential to consider the accessibility of customer support and maintenance facilities when purchasing a Super Soco TC.
It’s important to weigh these pros and cons based on your specific needs and preferences to determine if the Super Soco TC is the right electric moped for you. Consider factors such as your typical commuting distance, desired top speed, and availability of charging infrastructure in your area before making a decision.
Performance & Handling
Equipped with a 72V lithium-ion battery, the Super Soco TC delivers impressive performance for its class. The electric motor provides smooth acceleration and consistent power, making it ideal for zipping through traffic with ease. The top speed of around 60 km/h (37 mph) might not satisfy speed enthusiasts, but it’s more than sufficient for urban commuting. The bike’s handling is nimble, allowing for quick turns and agile navigation, making it a breeze to ride in congested areas.
Range & Charging
One of the standout features of the Super Soco TC is its impressive range. With a fully charged battery, you can expect to travel up to 75 km (46 miles), making it suitable for most daily commuting needs. The range, however, may vary based on riding conditions and terrain. Charging the battery is a simple process, with a standard charging time of around 6-7 hours, although an optional fast charger can reduce this time significantly.
The Super Soco TC is equipped with a 72V lithium-ion battery. Lithium-ion batteries are known for their high energy density, durability, and relatively lightweight construction. This battery provides the necessary power to drive the electric motor of the Super Soco TC, allowing for efficient and eco-friendly transportation. The specific capacity and configuration of the battery may vary, so it’s recommended to refer to the manufacturer’s specifications or official documentation for detailed information on the battery used in the Super Soco TC.
The Super Soco TC features a digital display that provides essential information to the rider. The display is designed to be clear, easy to read, and conveniently located within the rider’s line of sight. While the exact specifications and features of the display may vary depending on the model year or version of the Super Soco TC, here is some typical information and features that may be available on the display:
- Speed: The digital display shows the current speed of the motorcycle, allowing the rider to easily monitor their speed while riding.
- Battery Level: The display indicates the remaining charge level of the battery, giving the rider an estimate of the available range.
- Trip Information: The display may provide trip-related information such as trip distance, elapsed time, and average speed, helping the rider track their journey statistics.
- Mode Selection: Some models of the Super Soco TC may offer different riding modes, such as eco mode or sport mode. The display can be used to switch between these modes, depending on the rider’s preference or requirements.
- Error Messages: In case of any faults or errors, the display can show relevant error codes or messages to alert the rider about potential issues that require attention.
It’s important to note that the specific display features and layout can vary between different versions or model years of the Super Soco TC. Therefore, it is recommended to consult the official documentation or the manufacturer’s website for detailed information on the display for a particular model of the Super Soco TC.
Ride Quality & Brakes
The Super Soco TC offers a satisfying ride quality and reliable braking performance, making it a capable electric motorbike for urban commuting. Here’s a closer look at its ride quality and braking system.
The Super Soco TC is designed to provide a comfortable and enjoyable riding experience. It’s low seat height and ergonomic design allow for a relaxed riding posture, reducing fatigue during extended journeys. The lightweight construction of the bike contributes to its agility, making it easy to maneuver through traffic and navigate tight spaces. The suspension system, typically comprising front telescopic forks and rear twin shock absorbers, helps absorb bumps and uneven road surfaces, ensuring a smoother ride. However, it’s important to note that the specific ride quality may vary depending on the road conditions and the rider’s weight.
The Super Soco TC is equipped with a braking system that consists of front and rear disc brakes. Disc brakes provide reliable stopping power and better modulation compared to traditional drum brakes. The front and rear discs work in conjunction to offer balanced braking performance. The braking system is responsive and provides adequate stopping power, allowing riders to have confidence in their ability to slow down or come to a halt when needed. While advanced features like ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) may not be standard on all models, the combination of front and rear disc brakes is generally effective in ensuring safe braking.
It’s worth mentioning that riding techniques, road conditions, and maintenance also play a crucial role in the overall ride quality and braking performance of any motorbike, including the Super Soco TC. Regular maintenance, such as checking brake pads and maintaining tire pressure, is essential to ensure optimal performance and safety.
As always, it’s recommended to test-ride the Super Soco TC or consult user reviews for firsthand experiences regarding its ride quality and braking performance, as individual opinions may vary based on personal preferences and riding conditions.
Comfort & Convenience
The Super Soco TC focuses on providing a comfortable riding experience. The ergonomics are well-designed, with a relaxed riding posture and a well-padded seat that allows for extended periods of riding without discomfort. The bike features a digital display that provides essential information such as speed, battery level, and trip distance, ensuring you stay informed during your rides. Additionally, the storage compartment under the seat provides a handy space for carrying small items or storing your helmet.
Safety & Technology
In terms of safety, the Super Soco TC is equipped with a responsive braking system that includes both front and rear disc brakes, providing excellent stopping power. The bike also features an LED lighting system that enhances visibility, ensuring you remain noticeable on the road. While it lacks advanced safety features like ABS, the overall braking performance is reliable.
The Super Soco TC Electric Motorbike is a fantastic option for urban commuters looking for an eco-friendly and stylish ride. Its sleek design, solid build quality, and nimble handling make it a joy to ride through city streets. With a respectable range, decent charging time, and a comfortable riding experience, the Super Soco TC is a step in the right direction for sustainable transportation. While it may not cater to those seeking high speeds or long-distance rides, it excels as a practical and efficient electric motorcycle for daily commuting.
Super Soco TC Video Review
Q: Is the Super Soco TC an electric motorcycle?
A: Yes, the Super Soco TC is an electric motorbike that runs on a 72V lithium-ion battery, offering an eco-friendly and efficient mode of transportation.
Q: What is the range of the Super Soco TC on a single charge?
A: The Super Soco TC can travel up to 75 km (46 miles) on a single charge. However, the range may vary depending on factors such as riding conditions, terrain, and riding style.
Q: How long does it take to charge the Super Soco TC?
A: Using a standard charger, the Super Soco TC typically takes around 6-7 hours to fully charge. However, there is an option for a fast charger that reduces the charging time significantly.
Q: What is the top speed of the Super Soco TC?
A: The Super Soco TC has a top speed of approximately 60 km/h (37 mph), which is suitable for urban commuting and adhering to speed limits.
Q: Is the Super Soco TC suitable for tall riders?
A: Yes, the Super Soco TC has a low seat height, which makes it accessible for riders of varying heights. However, it’s recommended to test-ride the bike to ensure comfort and proper fit.
Q: Does the Super Soco TC have storage space?
A: Yes, the Super Soco TC features a storage compartment located under the seat, providing a convenient space for carrying small items or storing a helmet.
Q: Does the Super Soco TC have advanced safety features like ABS?
A: While the Super Soco TC may not come standard with advanced safety features like ABS (Anti-lock Braking System), it is equipped with front and rear disc brakes, providing reliable braking performance.
Q: Can I ride the Super Soco TC on highways?
A: The Super Soco TC is primarily designed for urban commuting and is not typically recommended for highway riding due to its lower top speed. It’s best suited for city streets and local roads.
Q: Where can I find more information about the Super Soco TC?
A: For more detailed and up-to-date information about the Super Soco TC, it’s advisable to visit the official Super Soco website or contact a local Super Soco dealer for specific inquiries.