Electric longboards Review
Best Electric Longboards of 2023
Electric longboards are skateboards 100-120 cm long. Board dimensions are measured in inches and are used to categorize decks:
- mini 22′′;
- medium 40-42′′;
- maxi 50′′.
The differences may also apply to the shape of the deck: oval, with pointed edges, with a split tail, etc. Purpose of the projectile – riding on the city, trails, and paths. But maneuvers and tricks are not their things.
Top 4 Electric Longboards
- ARBOR AXIS 37′′ SOLSTICE
- PENNY NICKEL 27′′ TONY HAWK LTD CREST MAROON
- MINDLESS LAKOTA DT IV 40′′ NATURAL
- RIDEX AQUATICA 38′′
Arbor Axis 37′′ Solstice – for active downhill
This model is worth paying attention to those who prefer city skateboarding or high-speed riding. It is a leader among longboards because of its unusual shape, noticeable design, and environmentally friendly materials.
Arbor Axis 37 Solstice has a long lifetime due to 7 layers of premium Canadian maple deck and reconstituted glass coating. The 69mm wheels with 78A stiffness are not prone to damage, but can’t handle a dirt road. AWES7 bearings and a low-profile Momentum core are responsible for a flawless ride and fast speeds.
- Original design;
- 37-inch deck;
- 7 layers of hard maple with bamboo veneer;
- Increased moisture protection;
- Full cornering control;
- Robust construction.
The price. Arbor Axis is an expensive model.
Hone your skills on this board can both beginner and professional – the design is responsive in turns and confidently goes on the asphalt. But you will have to pay near $200 for the universal model.
Penny Nickel 27′′ Tony Hawk LTD Crest Maroon – limited edition board
The ergonomic frame is designed for riders of all levels. The lightweight polymer vinyl deck is sturdy and reliable and can support the weight of a car. Wide suspension is responsible for stability, and 59-millimeter wheels with ABEC7 class bearings for speed and maneuverability. For cushioning, the Austrian brand used soft 59mm 78A wheels, and they cushion shocks and vibration when riding over rough terrain. The Austrian brand Tony Hawk used soft 59mm 78A wheels for cushioning, that cushion shocks and vibration when riding over rough terrain.
- Fast and maneuverable;
- Compact – the length is 68 cm;
- Reliable fittings and accessories;
- Polypropylene wheels easily absorb vibration;
- Aluminum suspension Gustom 4′′;
- High-strength vinyl deck;
- European quality certificate.
- Wheels are prone to abrasion and damage;
The bright design of the projectile will not go unnoticed. You can learn the basics of street surfing on this longboard from 6-8 years old. The model weighs 2 kg and will not take much space in the child’s or teenager’s backpack.
Mindless Lakota DT IV 40′′ Natural – The Best Longboard for Freeride
The Mindless Lakota is an electric longboard with an improved undercarriage that is created for greater stability in high-speed runs. The wheels adjust to the type of riding in six positions. The kit uses Mindless Precision bearings and 75mm wheels with 84A stiffness, which are responsible for fast speed. The deck consists of six-ply Canadian maple and two-ply bamboo, glued with epoxy resin and covered with sandpaper.
- Sturdy board;
- Improved shape;
- Reliable and stable;
- High-end materials used;
- Adjustable wheels;
- Anti-slip skins.
- High price;
The newfangled longboard with bamboo trim will pleasantly surprise you with its reliable build, stability and confident speed set. The model is used by children and adults for urban freeride.
Ridex Aquatica 38′′ – The Model with Classic Shape of Deck
A new product Aquatica from the Ridex brand makes possible surfing overland. The board looks like a real surfboard on the surface. It is equipped with four 70-millimeter wheels in 78A hardness, that allows you to pick up speed instantly and maneuver along the way. Ridex Trucks 7′′ suspensions are responsible for stability and secure chassis fixation in place. The board is glued together from nine-ply of Chinese maple and weighs 3.7kg – not the smallest figure, but it doesn’t interfere with tricks and turns. The size of the board is 38 inches or 96.5 cm.
- Attractive design;
- Robust construction;
- The wheels cushion shocks and vibrations;
- Easy to handle even at high speeds;
- Dense nine-ply deck with a great design;
- Supports weights up to 100kg.
- Heavy model;
- Rarely is available in stores – most likely you will have to order it online.
A classic electric longboard Ridex Aquatica is good in the races on country trails and park lanes but is quite heavy. Only professionals can perform tricks on this board.
Best budget electric longboards (under 500$)
- Teamgee H5 37″ Electric Skateboard – This lightweight electric longboard has a top speed of 22 mph and a range of up to 11 miles on a single charge. It also has a slim design and is easy to carry around.
- RazorX Cruiser Electric Skateboard – With a 10 mph top speed and a range of up to 5 miles, this electric skateboard is perfect for cruising around town. It also has a sturdy maple deck and can support riders up to 220 lbs.
- Hiboy S11 Electric Skateboard – This affordable electric skateboard has a top speed of 12.4 mph and a range of up to 6.2 miles. It also features a durable deck made of 7 layers of maple wood and a wireless remote control for easy acceleration and braking.
- Aceshin Electric Skateboard – This electric longboard has a top speed of 20 mph and a range of up to 10 miles on a single charge. It also has a sturdy 8-ply maple deck and can support riders up to 220 lbs.
- Swagtron Swagskate NG-3 Electric Skateboard – This compact electric skateboard has a top speed of 9.3 mph and a range of up to 6 miles. It also features a lightweight design and can support riders up to 150 lbs.
|Electric Longboard||Top Speed||Range||Deck Material||Max Rider Weight||Price|
|Teamgee H5||22 mph||11 mi||Fiberglass||220 lbs||$469|
|RazorX Cruiser||10 mph||5 mi||Maple||220 lbs||$179|
|Hiboy S11||12.4 mph||6.2 mi||Maple||220 lbs||$259|
|Aceshin||20 mph||10 mi||Maple||220 lbs||$329|
|Swagtron Swagskate||9.3 mph||6 mi||Polypropylene||150 lbs||$129|
Best premium electric longboards (over 1000$)
- Boosted Stealth – This high-end electric longboard has a top speed of 24 mph and a range of up to 14 miles on a single charge. It also features a durable deck made of composite materials and a powerful motor for smooth acceleration and braking. The Boosted Stealth retails for $1599.
- Evolve Carbon GTR – With a top speed of 26 mph and a range of up to 31 miles, this premium electric longboard is perfect for long-distance rides. It also features a sleek carbon fiber deck and a powerful motor for maximum performance. The Evolve Carbon GTR retails for $1999.
- Inboard M1 – This premium electric longboard has a top speed of 22 mph and a range of up to 10 miles. It also features a lightweight design and swappable batteries for extended rides. The Inboard M1 retails for $1399.
- Lacroix Jaws – With a top speed of 34 mph and a range of up to 24 miles, this high-end electric longboard is one of the most powerful on the market. It also features a sturdy carbon fiber deck and all-terrain wheels for off-road adventures. The Lacroix Jaws retails for $3999.
- Metroboard X – This premium electric longboard has a top speed of 24 mph and a range of up to 40 miles on a single charge. It also features a durable deck made of 9-ply maple wood and a powerful motor for smooth acceleration and braking. The Metroboard X retails for $2199.
|Electric Longboard||Top Speed||Range||Deck Material||Max Rider Weight||Price|
|Boosted Stealth||24 mph||14 mi||Composite||250 lbs||$1599|
|Evolve Carbon GTR||26 mph||31 mi||Carbon Fiber||220 lbs||$1999|
|Inboard M1||22 mph||10 mi||Composite||265 lbs||$1399|
|Lacroix Jaws||34 mph||24 mi||Carbon Fiber||220 lbs||$3999|
|Metroboard X||24 mph||40 mi||Maple||300 lbs||$2199|
As you can see, these premium electric longboards have higher top speeds, longer ranges, and more advanced features than their less expensive counterparts. However, they also come with a higher price tag, with some models costing upwards of $3000. The Boosted Stealth and Evolve Carbon GTR are both great options for high-end performance, while the Inboard M1 and Metroboard X offer more affordable premium options. The Lacroix Jaws is the most expensive and powerful option on this list, with a top speed of 34 mph and a range of 24 miles. Ultimately, the best premium electric longboard for you will depend on your individual needs, budget, and riding style.
Overall Description of the Electric Longboard
The electric longboard is similar to the usual mechanical device. The heart of its design – deck or board on which the rider stands. It is usually covered with sandpaper for a better grip with soles while riding. It also has suspension, connecting the platform to 4 wheels, bearings, and bushings.
Best electric longboards brands
There are several electric longboard brands on the market, but some of the most popular and reputable ones include:
- Boosted – Boosted is a well-known brand in the electric longboard industry, offering high-performance boards with advanced features like regenerative braking and swappable batteries.
- Evolve – Evolve is another popular electric longboard brand, known for its powerful motors, long ranges, and high-quality materials.
- Meepo – Meepo is a newer electric longboard brand that has gained popularity for its affordable and high-performance boards.
- Inboard – Inboard is a premium electric longboard brand that offers sleek designs, swappable batteries, and advanced features like integrated lights and GPS tracking.
- Lacroix – Lacroix is a luxury electric longboard brand that specializes in high-end performance and all-terrain capabilities.
Other notable electric longboard brands include Boosted Rev, Onewheel, Exway, and WowGo, among others.
The main differences from the non-electric version are:
- Electric motor, which allows you to develop a fairly high speed (on the average 30-40 km/h, but it depends on the engine power) and effortlessly enter the slides.
- Battery, that provides power to the engine. When choosing a vehicle, it is worth considering the capacity of the battery as the distance that can be overcome without additional recharging depends on this.
- Remote control. During the movement there is no need to push off the surface with your feet: the electric longboard is controlled by the remote control. The portable remote control is easy to hold in the palm of your hand, accelerating or decelerating by pressing the forward/backward buttons or adjusting the levers.
Usually, the electronic longboard weights more than a conventional one, and can be up to about 10 kg.
Most modern branded models have specially designed apps that can be installed on your smartphone. When the vehicle is synchronized with a mobile device, you can use your smartphone to track speed, mileage, charge level, track your ride path, adjust settings, select speed modes, etc.
Battery & Charging
The battery of an electric longboard is connected to the electrical grid using a charger. The process of recharging doesn’t take a long time, and you can use the technique throughout the day.
Full-fledged transport or a device for walking? Everyone decides for himself. The versatility of the device is its exceptional feature. As for dynamics, speed and autonomy, these are the parameters that put electric longboards above not only their mechanical counterparts but also e-skateboards in their traditional representation.
What is the best electric longboard brand?
One brand that stands out among the rest is Boosted. Other well-respected electric longboard brands include Evolve Skateboards, Enertion Boards, and Inboard Technology.
Can you push an electric longboard?
Yes, you can push an electric longboard. You will need to use your body weight and the power generated from pushing off the ground with your foot or leg to get it going. It’s important to be careful when pushing an electric longboard as it can be dangerous if not done properly.
Can electric longboard go uphill?
Yes, electric longboards are designed to handle small inclines and hills. However, the steeper the grade of the hill, the more power and torque you will need from your motor to tackle it. High-performance motors usually have a higher torque rating that can help you climb steeper hills than standard ones.
Are electric skateboards legal in USA?
The legality of electric skateboards in the United States varies from state to state. While some states have laws that specifically address the use and operation of electric skateboards, other states do not. Generally, riders must obey all traffic laws when operating an electric skateboard, including following speed limits and stopping at stop signs or red lights.
How much should I spend on an electric skateboard?
The amount you should spend on an electric skateboard largely depends on what type of board you’re looking for, your riding style and budget. Generally speaking, entry-level electric skateboards start at around $400 for a basic setup that can reach speeds up to 20 mph. If you’re looking for a more powerful ride, you can find boards with top speeds of 35 mph, but those may cost upwards of $1,000 or more.